Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Special A: My First Non-English Dubbed Anime

Special A
Today marks a momentous event in my life: I watched non-English dubbed anime for the first time! Haha! I didn't have a choice, actually. I really wanted to watch the anime Special A after finishing the manga, but it doesn't have an English dub yet. So I had to make do with English subs. It wasn't bad. My only complaint was that I had to sit up close to the computer to be able to read the subtitles instead of lying down on the bed like I usually do while watching anime. And there were times when I thought the Japanese voice actors were a bit overdramatic and too over the top, kind of reminding me of a cheesy radio drama, but I didn't let it bother me too much.

But what surprised me was that I could already understand a teeny tiny little bit of Japanese! Nihongo ga sukoshi wakarimasu. (Translation: I understand a little Japanese.) Hehe. I've been doing Pimsleur's Japanese I. Overall, the experience was an enjoyable one. I will most definitely do it again. However, I would still choose English dubs over subs if already available. :) Nothing beats anime in bed. Haha...

Now on to the next anime!

2 comments:

  1. I have to watch Asian Dramas always with subtitle and I am kinda used to it. Well I had to since I have no other choice xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. I've gotten used to subtitles as well. :) Our only other choice is to learn Japanese. Hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...