Sunday, April 17, 2011

My Very First Anime Drawings

I found my old drawing book from way back with the very first anime drawings I had ever made. Feeling nostalgic, I decided to scan them. The pencil marks don't show well on the scan (especially the first one) and I was tempted to outline the drawings with a black pen, but I decided to leave them in their original form.

Kenshin Himura, Rurouni Kenshin

Sanosuke Sagara, Rurouni Kenshin

A cute dog I saw in an anime magazine

A character I found in an anime magazine

Actually, these four are the only anime drawings I've done - ever. I stopped drawing because I didn't think I was good enough. Now I realize that I was my own worst critic. I couldn't meet my unrealistic standard of perfection and I quit. Now that I have come to accept myself more, I can ease up and just allow myself to enjoy the learning process. I'm finally ready to start drawing again. :)

2 comments:

  1. its cool but the samurai x is kinda bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. And yeah, my pencil marks don't show well on the first scan. They were too light for the scanner to pick up, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...