Friday, April 6, 2012

I Want More Good Anime! ...With Real Men

It's been getting harder and harder to find anime that I'm interested in lately. As a result I haven't been watching any anime at all since 2012 started. During the long vacation this past week, I decided to get back to watching anime so I tried watching Uta no Prince-sama, Chaos;Head, and Burst Angel, but sadly I just couldn't get past the first couple or so episodes of each. Have I already watched all the good anime in the genre I'm interested in? I hope not.

I would really like to watch more anime in the caliber of Nana, Ouran High School Host Club, Code Geass, Darker Than Black, Death Note, Durarara, Kimi ni Todoke, Hakuouki, Hellsing, and Nodame Cantabile. These are my favorite anime shows ever. I loved both the story and style of drawing (except for Nodame Cantabile because I didn't really like its drawing style but I loved the story).

I'm not saying that I want the same story as these ten great anime shows, because the same story over and over again would be boring. It's not the story but the feel of the story that matters. Basically, I like anime where there are hot anime guys (the more the better) who have a deep emotional connection to a girl in the story. (I also like it when the girls are strong and intelligent or quiet and innocent. I hate loud, frivolous, airhead girls.) I like anime where the men are the ones doing the pursuing, where the men take charge and act like men, not wimpy little fairies who can't even look the girl in the eyes without blushing. These are the things that the anime I mentioned as my favorites above have in common, I think. The men are real men.

Now these guys are real men: Ren Honjo (second from left) and Takumi Ichinose (far right). Oh, I love Nana. I watched the anime and live action movies, and I read the manga but I still want more! :)

6 comments:

  1. Try D.Gray-man, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and Black Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already seen Black Cat. I've seen the first several episodes of D.Gray-man and Fullmetal Alchemist but never finished it. I'll google Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and see if it'll appeal to me. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. But you know that Fullemtal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is two different animes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really familiar with it, but I assumed Brotherhood is another season to Fullmetal Alchemist, with the same main characters. You're saying the two animes aren't related at all? :O Maybe I should take a peak at Brotherhood then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could try isekai no seikishi( dunno if I spelled right).. kenshin IS a can of wupass

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...