Now before all of you English subbed fanatics stone me to death, hear me out. I'm sure watching subbed anime has its advantages, but my reasons for preferring dubbed over subbed are quite simple:
- I like gazing into the eyes of the characters as they speak instead of reading subtitles.
- I am an auditory person. Hearing words that I actually understand adds to the experience.
- I have a small monitor, so I would have to sit close to the computer to be able to read the small subtitles instead of lying down on the bed which I usually do.
- I fall in love with people voices. And I have to say those English dub voice actors sound so sexy! (Most of them anyway. There are particular voice actors whose way of speaking I don't like.)
- I can concentrate on the action going on rather than on the words on the screen.