Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Over 300GB of Anime & Manga Lost

Today is a very sad day for me. My 1TB hard disk drive suddenly died and I lost over 300GB of anime and manga that I hadn't seen or read yet. Wish I had transferred them all to my external hard drive, but I was following a simple system to ensure that I remembered which ones I had already watched or read. I kept the files on my main hard drive until I had finished watching them then I transferred them to my external hard drive for archiving once I was done with them. Now I'm thinking of backing up my external hard drive on DVD's just to be safe.

I have no idea why my less than 3-year old 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 hard drive died. This morning it just wouldn't boot. Switched it over to secondary hard drive to try to recover files but both BIOS and disk management couldn't detect it. I'm thinking my only hope of recovering data now is to send the disk to the professionals.

Funny though how I feel worse about losing my anime and manga collection than the photos I've uploaded from my camera. I guess I really am an otaku.

4 comments:

  1. same thing happened to me, except i physically cannot find my hard drive and lost 77 different anime series

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! I know how that hurts. :O

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey. I got your back if you contact me on telegram https://t.me/DeprecatedUser

    I could share you my unlimited Gsuite drive folder filled with 1 tb worth of anime. currently watching Attack on Titans xd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice of you, thanks! I don't download anymore, though. I just watch whatever's on Netflix. Hehe.

      I'm also currently watching the final season of Attack on Titan! The next episode will be up next Friday.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...