Saturday, June 4, 2011

Koishite Akuma

Vampires have always fascinated me. Add love into the picture and my heart melts. When I was in college, I became addicted to Anne Rice's books in The Vampire Chronicles series. Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, Queen of the Damned... I wanted to become a vampire and escape reality. Watching Koishite Akuma brought back all those feelings quite unexpectedly. The story resonated with my soul so much that I was willing to forgive the somewhat cheesy and low-budget-like special effects.

What is it about vampires that fascinates me so much? Is it their beauty? Vampires are always portrayed as graceful beings of elegance and beauty. Superhuman powers? They can control people's thoughts, move faster than human eyes can see, shapeshift into animals, heal faster than Wolverine or maybe just as fast. Or is it their immortality?

In any case, Koishite Akuma made me fall in love and feel human again. Ironic, isn't it? A vampire reminded me that it's okay to "be human". It's okay to feel all emotions, whether good or bad. And allowing myself to feel instead of numbing myself to avoid any kind of pain or negative emotion is good for the soul every once in a while. I'm very glad I watched Koishite Akuma.

Nakayama Yuma as the vampire Kuromiya Ruka in Koishite Akuma

1 comment:

  1. You are right...you are so right...What a marvellous story!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...