Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (2006 Animated Film)

It has been quite a while since I've seen an anime movie that gripped me every second of the way from start to finish. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, the 2006 animated film, did just that. From the stunning artwork to the beautiful story and the awesome soundtrack and really cool voice acting (I watched it with the original Japanese audio), it was arguably the best anime I have ever seen so far.

Sure, there they might have oversimplified the whole time traveling thing and completely ignored the issues that might crop up (One example: When you go back to the past, that means there's now two of you in that time frame, right? In this anime, that is completely ignored.), but the story's simplicity is something that I like about it.

I highly recommend watching this anime movie. I give it a 10/10, even though I would have wanted it to end a bit differently... Hehe, not going to give out any spoilers though. :D Dang, now I want to watch it again. You know I think I will watch it again. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...